Happy New Year!
It is my sincere hope that everyone enjoyed the winter break. As we return to school, it is once again time to review a few traffic items. Please take careful note of the following:
- The driveway that runs along the back portables of the school is only to be used by families with students in rooms 11 and 12. Please no walkers, this is extremely dangerous as we have busses coming and going.
- There is no drop off allowed by the new MPR. Students are to enter school via the front or the back park area.
- In the front drop off area there are designated areas that need to be honored to ensure student safety:
- Remember there is no parking in this area.
- The lane closest to the curb is the lane vehicles must be in if students are entering or exiting the vehicle.
- The second lane is for vehicles that are exiting the drop off area or entering the parking lot.
- In the back of the school, the white zone is designated for drop-off only. Please do not park and leave your vehicle in this area.
- There is also a red zone to either side of the cross walk that is important to avoid for parking and drop off.
- When choosing to park in the neighborhood and walk into the school please follow traffic and parking laws.
- At the end of our school day, it is important that students head straight home and do not linger on the playground or field area. These areas do not become public until 3:00 pm.
Please remember when leaving the front drop off or parking lot you must turn right, left turns are not permitted during school hours. If you park in the Twin Creeks lot please be respectful of staff parking and choose a non-marked spot to park.
The staff and I look forward to the remainder of the year with your students and appreciate the renewed energy and enthusiasm for learning they are exhibiting upon their return from winter break!
I also want to thank the enthusiastic parents who attended our Positive Discipline Class; with a special thanks to Mrs. Milly Foley for coordinating such a successful evening! Our next big event is the SCRIPPS National Spelling Bee which will take place on Wednesday, February 11. Go Twin Creeks Tigers – Roar with P-R-I-D-E, PRIDE!
May the only blues of 2015 be the ones you listen to,